Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty

Today's post is going to be a beauty tag, the seven deadly sins of beauty tag. I was tagged by the lovely Daphne who has an awesome blog that you should all go and check out. This is my first post that I have been tagged to do, how exciting! Lets get started.

Why not incorporate Disney princesses into this tag?

So here's how it works:
1) Follow and link up the person who tagged you
2) Answer the questions on greed, wrath, gluttony, sloth, pride, lust and envy.
3) Tag as many people as you wish! Be sure to let them know!
4) Let the person who tagged you know that you did the tag by linking up in the comments!

Greed- What is your most expensive product?

This a new addition to my collection, but I am so excited to give it ago, considering how much Kate from gh0stparties talks about it. I am hoping that it will hydrate my skin and even out my skin because I have some scarring. I'll do a review on this later.

Sloth- What product do you neglect the most due to laziness?

It has to be eyeshadow, although I am trying to use it more cause what the point of having it if I don't use it? I only really put one colour over the lid still though but maybe eventually I might put more than one colour. I also don't really use bronzer, mostly because I haven't fully worked out how to use it properly yet. 

Wrath- What product do you have a love/hate relationship with?

I would say liquid eyeliner is my love/hate product. Some days it can look fairly neat and tidy, well as neat as I can get it, and other days it just goes all over my eyelid and doesn't look good. I have been starting to use gel liner and its definitely easier but I still have those "this is terrible!" days. 

Gluttony- What brand makes up most of your make-up collection? 
I would have to say that Maybelline and Revlon are tied for the prize of which brand makes up most of my collection. However, I have a lot of make-up from many different brands, I'm not very loyal to brands I just buy whatever I have heard is good or want to try. These two brands just so happen to take up some room in the make-up collection. 


Pride- Which product gives you the most confidence?

It has got to be concealer, it can just cover up any imperfection and make me feel so much better. And with my scarring I get so attached to it because it can cover them up. At the moment I am using the Mac studio finish concealer in NW 20 which is a little bit too dark at the moment but otherwise, I love this concealer.  

Lust- Which beauty item is at the top of your wish list?

Probably the Laura Mercier silk creme foundation because I hear about how good it is so much and I am constantly on a quest for my perfect foundation. This isn't that expensive compared to some other products you can get but it's $60 here in Australia and I just need to work up the courage to take that much out of already empty bank account. 

Envy- What make-up product/look is great on others but not yourself?

I love bold lips and I love the way they look on me, especially corals but I just can't get red lipstick to look good on me. I don't have the whitest teeth so I think I need to find a blue tone red lipstick and see if that helps. I also have trouble with it looking neat because it goes all over my lips and spills out the side, which could also probably be fixed with a liner, but I just haven't gotten around to fixing those problems.

I tag:
Shannon from shannonmaria
Janine from Thee Optimist
Ash from Beautiful Living
Jessi from Jessi in Wonderland
Ana from Ana Vargas blog
Jessica from Miss Forever Vanity
And anyone else who wants to do this tag!
Check out these lovely ladies' blogs while you're at it, they run awesome blogs.

Thanks for stopping by,
- Meagan xx



8 comments:

daffnee said... Reply To This Comment

Hey Meagan! Thanks for doing the tag! I had a lot of fun reading it!
Liquid liner! UGH! don't even get me stared on how much of a pain in the butt it is!
The Laura Mercier silk creme is an amazing foundation! I bit the bullet on that a couple of months back as it's near $50 in Taiwan! It's a really good one, so if you have the chance, get a sample! xx

Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

Meagan said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks for tagging me, I had so much fun rummaging through my makeup stash to find everything. Yeah, I'm seriously considering getting it, I have heard so many good things about the foundation. xx

Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

Loved this! Definitely want to try the Origins treatment and the Laura Mercier foundation! I love your blog and I've nominated you for the Liebster Awards!

Ash x
http://actuallyash.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/liebster-awards.html

Meagan said... Reply To This Comment

@Ashley I've only been using the origins treatment for a couple of days and I already love it, I would definitely recommend giving it a go if you want to spend the money. Thanks! I will totally check out that post! Your blog is really cool. xx

Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

It sounds great! I'll definitely check it out x and thanks!

Zoë said... Reply To This Comment

I can't get red lipstick to work on me either! It is so gorgeous on others :) I hope you enjoy your spurge product, this was a fun tag!

writingwhimsy.com

Meagan said... Reply To This Comment

@Zoë It's so annoying cause I LOVE the look of red lipstick. You should do the tag! I love reading them!

d said... Reply To This Comment

I totally agree with you about the bold lips and the liquid eyeliner! I did the tag too, I hope you can check it out :)
http://dharapatelio.blogspot.com/2013/06/seven-deadly-sins-of-beauty-tag.html?m=1

Post a Comment